Volunteer - Housekeeper/Cleaner
Keeping our house neat and clean is an important part of our public image and efficient functioning.
- General cleaning of the house.
- General tidying of the house.
- Each room of the house is to be vacuumed and swept.
- Skirting boards and windowsills are to be wiped free of dust.
- Anything that is out of place is to be put back where it belongs.
- Floors are to be mopped.
- Cupboards are to be straightened if necessary.
- Toilets are to be cleaned.
- Dishes are to be washed and dried.
- Creche toys etc. to be sterilised with disinfectant.
- Outside garden areas to be maintained and kept free of rubbish, weeds etc.
- Windows to be cleaned inside and out.
- Window sills – dust free (inside & out)
- Front of House to be hosed and washed down monthly – Lacework broomed weekly.
- Front verandah to be swept and hosed.
- Cobwebs to be cleared
- Washing to be done and hang out to dry – collected when dry and folded. Returned to appropriated departments.
- To practice good Work Place – Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- Hygiene is to be practiced at all times in the house e.g. Washing hands after the toilet, smoking etc.
- To follow Set cleaning procedures as outlined in policy and according to Act.
- Abusive language is not to be used around the House/Centre.
- Always follow house policies and regulations.
- Appropriate clothing and shoes to be worn at all times.
- Please be responsible and reliable. If you are ill or not able to attend please notify the house.