Newport Community Education Centre is a busy not-for-profit Neighbourhood House in Newport.
- Training courses delivered by other RTO's
- Pre-accredited courses
- Recreation, Hobby and Leisure Courses
- Health and Wellbeing
- Venue hire.
If you would like to take the challenge and learn more about being a Director of a Co-operative we welcome to take a look in Our History, Aims and Get Involved on our website to see what we are about.
Drop in and visit us! We welcome involvement from our local community.
We're on Facebook!
Visit the new Outlets facebook page and like us to keep up-to-date with what's happening in Newport.
You can see the latest facebook posts by simply clicking the tab on the left of your screen.
2016 Learning Local
We look foward to taking you on a year of Learning, gaining new skills and meeting new people.
Learning comes at all stages of our life - gaining new interests, preparing for further or higher education, employment even information in connecting within the community in volunteering - be part of a team. Give us and call and make 2016 for you.
Favourite Classes Calligraphy, Art, Mosaics and Computers.
More workshops to be announced in TERM 2 2016.
Join in Learning Local and Education for all!
- Learn English: ESL Conversation English - Develop Conversational Skills for everyday community participation*
- Preparation for employment: Job Search*
- Computer Classes: 40's- Beginners & Intermediate*
- Digitial Photography: Introduction to use Digital Camera through to production of Prints.
- IPad made Easy:1 day workshop and Introducing evening workshops
- Art All Mediums: Paint with oil and acrylic based mediums to create your very own masterpiece.
- Sewing Class: Come learn the basics of knitting and sewing. Feel free to BYO machines and resources.
*denotes 'possible' Evening Classes available but are subject to enrolments
Workshops and Short Courses for 2016
Digital Literacy and the online world for beginners -
SEWING & DESIGN CLASS
This creative and design class is tailored for begginers to intermidiate skilled peoples. The centre provides sewing machines and materials, feel free to bring your very own machines/patterns. This class will be be commencing in Term 2 on the 3rd of May.
Classes will run from 10am-12pm, so come down and enjoy a social and creative tuesday morning.
Leadership Training for Migrant Woman
Develop leadership skills to become an active citizen. Improve your opportunities in securing employment and work on conversational skills. These classes will be commencing on the 19th of April, contact the centre for further information.
Conversational English + Prep For Employment
Develop and build your confidence by learning simple text, grammer, reading and writing. This class leads onto learning skills to prepare Employment. Consists of learning how to construct a Cover Letter, Resume, Interview Practice and job search in our newly improved computer room.