Newport Community Education Centre is a busy not-for-profit Neighbourhood House in Newport.
- Training courses delivered by other RTO's
- Pre-accredited courses
- Recreation, Hobby and Leisure Courses
- Health and Wellbeing
- Venue hire.
If you would like to take the challenge and learn more about being a Director of a Co-operative we welcome to take a look in Our History, Aims and Get Involved on our website to see what we are about.
Drop in and visit us! We welcome involvement from our local community.
- Learn English: ESL Conversation English - Develop Conversational Skills for everyday community participation*
- Preparation for employment: Job Search, resume writting, cover letters and learn interview skills.
- Intro to Computer Classes: Discover Windows 10, file management, emails, online banking and more!
- Holistic Woman of the West: Healing and Empowerment course for woman over 50!
- Digitial Photography: Introduction to use Digital Camera through to production of Prints.
- IPad made Easy:1 day workshop 9th November 9.30am-2.30pm
- Art All Mediums: Paint with oil and acrylic based mediums to create your very own masterpiece.
- Sewing Class: Come learn the basics of sewing. Feel free to BYO machines and resources.
- Hatha Yoga: Improves breathing, concentration, confidence and stamina. Beginners welcome*
- Seated Yoga for Seniors: Increases strength, balance and energy.
*denotes 'possible' Evening Classes available but are subject to enrolments
2016 Learning Local
We look foward to taking you on a year of Learning, gaining new skills and meeting new people.
Learning comes at all stages of our life - gaining new interests, preparing for further or higher education, employment even information in connecting within the community in volunteering - be part of a team. Give us and call and make 2016 for you.
Favourite Classes Calligraphy, Art, Mosaics and Computers.
More workshops to be announced in TERM 4 2016.
Join in Learning Local and Education for all!
We're on Facebook!
Visit the new Outlets facebook page and like us to keep up-to-date with what's happening in Newport.
You can see the latest facebook posts by simply clicking the tab on the left of your screen.
Workshops and Short Courses for 2016
Digital Literacy and the online world for beginners -
SEWING & DESIGN CLASS
This creative and design class is tailored for begginers to intermidiate skilled peoples. The centre provides sewing machines and materials, feel free to bring your very own machines/patterns.
Classes will run on Tuesdays from 10am-12pm, so come down and enjoy a social and creative tuesday morning.=
HOLISTIC WOMAN OF THE WEST
Introducing a 4 week course of healing and empowerment for woman over 50. Learn how to manage stress, anxiety, create vision boards, meditation, body wisdom and reclaim your creativity. Vicky Chandler is a renound intergrated health therapist servicing the Western Suburbs of Melbourne.
Leadership Training for Migrant Woman
Develop leadership skills to become an active citizen. Improve your opportunities in securing employment and work on conversational skills. These classes will be commencing on the 19th of April, contact the centre for further information.
Conversational English + Prep For Employment
Develop and build your confidence by learning simple text, grammer, reading and writing. This class leads onto learning skills to prepare Employment. Consists of learning how to construct a Cover Letter, Resume, Interview Practice and job search in our newly improved computer room.
Intro to Computers
Learn basic theory, file management, MS Word 2010, Powerpoint, Excel, Internet and Emailing.